Female researcher demonstrating to team members at table

How to fund your studies

See what funding you could get to support your work-based Learning at Work degree

Tuition fees

The main cost of studying a work-based Learning at Work degree is your tuition fees. These will depend on what you study and how much Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) you have. We'll give you an idea of the tuition fees for your course when you contact us and we'll confirm your fees before you start your course or once we've confirmed your RPL.

Paying your tuition fees

You'll split your fees over the years you are studying with us. Please contact us for more information on how much and how often you'll need to pay.

Funding your studies

You can pay your fees in a number of ways:

  1. Some students on work-based Learning at Work courses ask their employer to fund some or all of their studies because the course is relevant to their job. If your employer is paying all or some of your fees, they'll need to complete and submit a sponsor form (RE2) before you start the course.
  2. If you're a current or former member of the armed forces, you could get . We accept ELCAS funding on all our work-based Learning at Work courses. To get ELCAS funding, you'll need to send us a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN).
  3. You can pay fees yourself, and you may be able to apply for an undergraduate loan or a postgraduate loan

Other study costs

There's a fee for assessing a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) portfolio if this applies to you.

If you study any campus-based modules as part of your course, there may also be some course-related costs that aren’t included in your tuition fees. These include things like books, specialist equipment and the cost of optional field trips. Most of our students study distance learning modules with no need to attend the campus at 鶹AV.

There is an optional induction day at the start of your course on the University campus. Most of our students attend the induction online, without visiting us – but if you do choose to attend in person, you will need to pay for travel, accommodation and subsistence.